Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Once More Into the Breach

The A-Z blogfest really worked a number on my goove.

I usually check my blog, write and schedule a couple to post, respond to comments, and check the blogs I follow before I get settled in to a writing mode.  It can take a while, but it keeps me connected and allows my train of thought to settle on more writerly thoughts.

With the A-Z blogfest I wrote twenty-four posts and scheduled them before the month of April began. The only posts I wrote during the month were M and Q.  Coupled with April's ridiculously busy schedule, this meant I spent a very minimal time in the blogosphere. I was terrible of checking the other A-Z posts and did not even follow up with my own comments until after I had completed all 26 letters.

While this was not good in the world of blogging, it was even more detrimental toward my current projects. I have hardly written anything for a month. A month! I had hoped to finish Courtly Abandon by the end of the school year (6/10) and that day is rapidly approaching. So, with this blog post I hope to reestablish my mojo and jump back into the fray. I will post this shortly, then check other blogs, then (duh-duh-duhhHH!) write.  Tonight I will write a good thousand words of quality story. I will write forward without going back to add Jane's father into chapter five or change Baron Whosit's name.  I will press on and be productive.  It will be wonderful.

That said, now I have to actually do it.  So, without further ado, here I go.

Wish me luck. :)

4 comments:

Stacy McKitrick said...

GOOD LUCK!!

Lindsay Gage Natale said...

Well, if it means more blog posts, I am all for it! Love your stuff Erin :) Good luck with finishing your book!!! Yay!

Sarah Mäkelä said...

You can do it! I know what you mean about the A to Z Challenge. I didn't have them scheduled, which I wish I'd done at least a few in advance of. But it was still a hectic month. lol

I really enjoyed connecting with you during the A to Z Challenge. I have a Versatile Blogger award for you at my blog!

mary said...

Good luck retrospectively!! How did it turn out? You can't leave us hanging like this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...